Fri, 05 Aug|
Lake District Trail Weekend
Join LCR for our first ever trail weekend in the Lake District! All you need to do is book your spot and your train ticket, and everything else will be arranged for you! Deadline to register is 22 July.
TIME & LOCATION
05 Aug 2022, 16:30 BST – 08 Aug 2022, 10:00 BST
Keswick, 40 Lake Rd, Keswick CA12 5ES, UK
ABOUT THE EVENT
H2 Coaching are delighted to host London City Runners for a three-day weekend of trail running and relaxing at the award- winning, activity hub, LakeSide House.
They'll be there to guide us from the moment we step off the train in Penrith, ‘til the moment they put us back on it! H2 look after runners of all experience and abilities and have a fantastic array of coaching talent to accompany us along the way. There will be five guided runs in the plan, from a gentle photogenic amble on the first evening, to ticking off Britain’s hilliest parkrun and then on to some of the most gorgeous valleys and fells and viewing points anyone could ever wish for. It's for you to choose how many you wish to enjoy! Leading up to your arrival, H2 will provide advice on the weather, necessary kit, and, most importantly, cake eating!
Please just get in touch with Ivan or Holly via email at email@example.com or Insta message Ivan or Holly on @h2runcoaching to chat through any questions about the trip.
In order to book your place, please RSVP to this event and someone will be in touch with the booking form.
Friday 5th August:
Arrive to the splendour of the Lakes and Keswick however suits you!! Transfers arranged from Penrith railway station to LakeSide House, Keswick.
- For those travelling from London by train, we suggest the 13:30 from Euston, arriving in Penrith (North Lakes) at 16:31 (no changes) as we have a minibus arranged for our transfers, so we’d like to be as efficient and environmentally splendid about this as we can...
- Beyond this, there is a train one hour earlier and one hour later that will get you settled in just in time for the first evening run.
- Or, make your own way to 40 Lake Road, Keswick, CA12 5DQ in time for a comfortable check in and the first evening run.
18:30 Easy paced, 40-minute group run along the lake shore on tarmac and hard-packed trails. Photo stops are obligatory. Road or trail shoes are fine.
20:00 Group dinner at LakeSide House. Pasta, pizza, prosecco and general introduction and chit chat
Saturday 6th August:
7:30 Light continental breakfast and coffee
8:00 Convene, prior to departing for Whinlatter Park Run at 8:15.
- Whinlatter is England’s hilliest Park Run (approx. 200m of climbing) on sumptuous forest trails. Definitely one to enjoy ticking off! Trail or road shoes for this one.
10:00 Return to LakeSide House for a restorative brunch.
15:15 Convene, prior to departing for Newlands Valley at 15:30. 90–120-minute run covering three peaks, a small hint of bog and more than a few glorious photo points. There are various route options to suit differing abilities and the day’s conditions. 8.5km/600m(max) elevation. Fell shoes or lugged trail shoes for this one.
20:00 Dinner tables booked at a selection of local restaurants. Athletes to pick and choose to suit taste. (Dinner cost not included in package)
Sunday 7th August:
8-9:00 Breakfast. Kit check questions and route briefing.
10:00 Convene for long run – a high lap of Derwentwater. Running from our front door, we’ll climb out of Keswick to Walla Crag with its spectacular view over the lake, before continuing in a clockwise lap of Derwentwater. Closer to the time, we will choose a route taking in to account conditions on the day and ability of our group. This will range from 18km/600m elevation to a max of 26km/1100m elevation.
Trail or fell shoes for this one!
19:30 We’ve made it! So, time for the Celebration group dinner.
Monday 8th August:
7:00 Easy paced, 40-minute group run with a small (we promise!) climb to the Castlerigg viewing point. Fell or trail shoes are fine.
9:30+ Minibus departures to Penrith (North Lakes) railway station. Again, to make best use of the minibus travel, we recommend the 10:04 train to Euston. 3hrs, no stops
Prices per person:
▪ Double/twin (Up to 5 rooms can be twins) £475
▪ 3 nights accommodation on a B&B basis
▪ Transfers to/from Penrith railway station
▪ Welcome drink
▪ First night group dinner at LakeSide House
▪ Pre run light breakfast & post Park Run brunch at LakeSide House
▪ Celebration meal on final night.
▪ 5 planned & guided runs with Strava/GPX routes available
Prices do not include:
▪ Train fares
▪ Any meals other than those listed
▪ Travel insurance
In order to book your place, please RSVP to this event and someone will be in touch with the booking form. The deadline to register is 22 July.